Over the past eight years we’ve taught yoga to thousands of children. Many start practicing at home, they use meditation when they feel sad or angry, they teach their peers and families. Teachers report that yoga helps their students concentrate better, fight less and their academic results improve. Yoga empowers vulnerable children to transform their lives and communities.
How to Share the Love
Just R250 provides a child with weekly yoga lessons for a year. Your support is deeply appreciated. You are providing children in under-resourced communities with weekly yoga lessons including health and wellness, life-skills, games, songs and many smiles. For many of the children, it provides a much needed safe and nurturing space.Or gift this to a friend or family member
Hold a Fundraiser
Whether you’re a yoga studio or a group of friends, hold a fundraiser yoga class. It’s a great way to raise not only funds but also awareness for the importance of yoga and holistic education.
We’ve made it as easy as possible to hold a fundraiser and we’ll help co-promote your event. See below the upcoming fundraiser events planned by others like you. Download our fundraiser pack and submit your event here
Take a few minutes to tell fellow yogis and yoginis about the campaign. Below are a few social media status updates that you can share. You can also upload one of the banners below to your blog or corporate website.
Just R250 provides a child in South Africa with weekly #yoga for a year! http://bit.ly/shareloveyoga #ShareLoveYoga
Yoga connects us to ourselves, others and the environment! http://bit.ly/shareloveyoga #ShareLoveYoga #YogaForTransformation
How to add a banner: Choose one, highlight the banner’s code, and copy. Then, choose an area on your site to display the banner. Finally, paste the code into the HTML version.
Yoga Impact (Share These)
Yoga improves a child’s concentration and learning capabilities
Yoga is effective for reducing stress and trauma
Yoga helps children to better manage their emotions
Yoga Blog Posts
- A celebration of the ECP Yoga Ambassadors
- The synergy between mindfulness and medicine – words from an Earthchild Project volunteer
- Earthchild Project Ambassador Spotlight – Melissa Brake and Erin Sprong
- EARTHCHILD PROJECT AMBASSADOR SPOTLIGHT – SCHALK VILJOEN
- The Earthchild Project 3rd annual Teachers Wellness Convention
- Waste-Free Solutions in Yoga
- Connecting souls across cultures through yoga
- Mindfulness Activities for Children
- The Teacher’s Wellness Convention: a Day of Learning, Relaxation and Fun
- Earthchild Project Friday Team Meetings
- In the Heads of Our Living Classroom Teachers: Vuyelwa Rola
- Earthchild Spotlight: Sonwabile Tafeni
- Honouring our Earthchild Project Activists
- EARTHCHILD SPOTLIGHT: BEYONCE SWARTZ
- Earthchild Spotlight: Katlego Shaloma