We believe that real transformation has to begin with the SELF. This is why we use yoga as the foundation of our Life-skills Programme. Yoga is a powerful and practical tool that supports the physical, mental and emotional development of the child.
On a physical level, yoga enhances flexibility, strength, coordination, and body awareness. Emotionally, yoga creates calmness and relaxation and helps one to focus on the present. On a mental level, yoga reduces stress and improves focus and concentration. Yoga creates greater awareness and allows one to feel a sense of peace and connection to self, others and the earth.
Related Blog Posts
- Young Leaders honouring our teachers this Mandela Day
- The synergy between mindfulness and medicine – words from an Earthchild Project volunteer
- Earthchild Project Ambassador Spotlight – Melissa Brake and Erin Sprong
- EARTHCHILD PROJECT AMBASSADOR SPOTLIGHT – SCHALK VILJOEN
- The Earthchild Project 3rd annual Teachers Wellness Convention