What We Offer
We offers opportunities to local and international volunteers. We offer the opportunity to meet and learn from our inspiring earthchildren, while learning about our holistic approach to education, yoga and meditation, worm farming and organic vegetable gardening, the environment and more. It is an opportunity to be involved in a positive and uplifting initiative.
- Lead or assist after-school clubs: Yoga Club and Eco-Warriors Club
- Assist Living Classroom: organic vegetable gardening and worm farming (during school hours)
- Assist Living Classroom: yoga and lifeskills (during school hours)
- Assist with enviro-education outings (during school hours)
- Assist the holiday programme (during school holidays)
- Assist with the hiking club (two Saturdays a month)
We generally ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months from start to end of the school term. If this is not possible, please let us know and we can discuss alternatives.
All Volunteers are expected to speak fluent or good conversational English.
Volunteers do not receive a stipend.
We do not provide accommodation for volunteers.
Volunteers are responsible for organizing their own transport to and from the schools. For Lavender Hill we recommend catching the train to Steenberg station. For Khayelitsha we recommend driving your own car or car-pooling with other volunteers.
Steps to Become a Volunteer